Sunday, March 2, 2008

Recipe reviews for the last 2 weeks

I didn't have a chance to do this last week, so I am catching up today.

Singapore Noodles - from Canadian Living Cookbook
This was really good. It had rice noodles with pork and shrimps. The sauce had curry, ginger, garlic and rice wine vinegar to name a few ingredients. Tasted very similar to Pad Thai. We will be making this one again. Not so sure it is one for the kids though.

Homemade pizza - I made the pizza dough myself from Canadian Living (of course). It turned out great. We all had our own pizza that we put toppings on. I think the Love Bug really enjoyed it. Probably something we will do once a month.

Home made perogies - these were really yummy. Just traditional cheese and potato perogies. Even my hubby (who grew up with a polish grandmother making them) thought they were really good. They are a bit time consuming, so next time I think I will make them in advance and freeze them for future use.

Italian baked chicken and patina - from Everyday Italian. So easy to make with ingredients you probably have at home. I'll be making this again. A good one for kids.

Roasted chicken with balsamic vinaigrette - from Everyday Italian. SO yummy and impressive looking! A good recipe for when company is coming over.

Apple pork chops (Canadian Living) with Butternut Squash & vanilla risotto (Everyday Italian) - the pork chops were just so-so. I think I may try a similar recipe for chicken this week to see if it is any better. The risotto was really good. The Love Bug thought it tasted like marshmallows. The hubby liked it but would have preferred the squash in smaller pieces. I will definitely make this again. Making risotto from scratch is time-consuming, but we really like it.

No comments: