Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Recipe Review - we had some yummy meals last week!

My menu plan last week was a really good one!! I have some great recipes to add to my repertoire.

The beef ragout with pasta was really yummy! The whole family enjoyed it and it was a bit different than just regular spaghetti sauce that you might make.

The chicken with apple gravy, cheesy rice pilaf and steamed green beans was a hit with the family too. And, it was really a well-balanced meal.

Spanish style beef with rice. I liked it and so did both of the kids. My hubby thought it could use a little more spice. The great thing about this recipe is that it makes double the amount you need for one meal so I used it for another recipe this week (stuffed peppers). My family really liked the peppers. You just add a few ingredients (spinach, cheese, tomato sauce) and stuff the peppers. Even the Love bug, who never eats spinach, really enjoyed them. I think I just might make the rice & beef in advance to use for stuffed peppers next time.

Chicken tetrazzini was really good and the kids enjoyed it for sure. It looks nice coming out of the oven with the Parmesan cheese nicely browned on top. And, it makes a double batch too...so we are having it later this week.

Lighter chicken pot pie - I really liked it and it was super easy to make. The hubby thought there were too many veggies in it, but I thought it was perfect (but I love my veggies). Next time I will put more chicken in it for him!

1 comment:

Blog said...

you sound like an awesome cook, Chai! Mouth is watering!