Tuesday, March 4, 2008

14 Month old Missus

I am a little bit tired today since I was up a lot with the Love Bug last night. We are trying to get rid of his pacifier...something that is LONG overdue but we just didn't have the energy to tackle (with the Missus being such a horrible sleeper as an infant).

Anyways, I am going to muster up some energy here to talk about how my baby girl is progressing at life as a toddler.

What comes to mind first is that she seems to be suffering from some separation anxiety when we are not together. I know this is something that most kids go through, and although somewhat flattering, it really isn't a phase I enjoy. For instance, I joined a new gym - one that has babysitting. I went to Curves for a while but the no babysitting thing didn't allow me to go very often. Anyway...I was in my orientation session and the kids were down the hall in the playroom. The babysitters had to come get me because the Missus was having the meltdown of the century. Not cool.












She is walking more and more now. In the last couple of weeks she has really started taking the initiative to walk on her own. Prior to that it was all about us encouraging her to walk. I'm still not sure if you would call her walking (she doesn't walk far distances or anything) but she is definitely getting there.







She loves, loves, loves her big brother. She wants to do anything he is doing and follows him around like crazy. If the hubby and I make a face or noise, she finds it mildly amusing. If the Love Bug does it she finds it rolling-on-the-floor hilarious.







I have taken her off all baby food (since she has been weaned from the breastfeeding for a month now). I am trying to make more child-friendly meals and she is doing fairly well. For a while she was eating anything and everything, but is now getting a bit more fussy. She is doing amazingly well eating with a spoon already though.

I think she may be teething right now because she has been fussing a bit in the night and has been a bit cranky. It is about time for some more teeth though 'cause she got 6 all at once about 5 months ago and we haven't seen any since.

I must admit that it is fun having a little girl to shop for! She is at an age now where I can by her little clips for her hair and cute little shoes. I LOVE it!

2 comments:

Blog said...

I KNOW! Aren't little girls GREAT! It's awesome having one of each, though, huh? You and I both need sleep, huh.... ;)

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

I still can't get the bunny to stay in the playroom at my gym! We should have joined the same gym and maybe our kids would be happy to stay there together!!! Where did you join?