Friday, March 28, 2008

The House of Puke

That is what our house has been this week! It all started with the Missus waking up at 4am on Monday morning crying. I went in to her room, thought I smelled something, sniffed her bum, all seemed ok so I just rocked her until she calmed down. About 45 minutes later she was crying again. This time I turned on the light and noticed large wet puddles in her crib. It didn't look like barf, but it sure smelled like it!

The rest of Monday consisted of me holding the Missus while she dry-heaved or puked everywhere, then changing both her and I into new fresh outfits. She ended up having a nap over 3 hours long in the afternoon. My hubby cam home and I went to get her to find her fast asleep in a puddle of vomit in her crib. It broke my heart and disgusted me at the same time. I called my hubby to change her while I cleaned out the crib.

On Tuesday night around 9pm we heard a weird sound coming from the Love Bug's room. I went in to find him half asleep puking. I picked him up so he wasn't lying down in his own vomit. He looked at me and said "mommy, I'm sicky. I barfed all over." Yes, he did. I changed his bed and threw everything in the laundry while my husband cleaned him up. About an hour later I was running to the bathroom myself. The rest of the night was a blur. I think I spent half of it on the floor of our bathroom. I think I may have actually passed out a couple of times. When I came downstairs my husband looked at me and said "you look ghastly!"

I found out that while I was in the bathroom that night, the hubby had been making numerous trip to the Love Bug's room cleaning up barf. Good times all round! Wednesday was a complete write-off.

Then at 2;45am on Thursday morning, my husband came down with it and spent all of yesterday lying on the couch with a fever and shaking.

I think we are all on the mend now, thank goodness. Now I need to put away all of the laundry that needed to be done as a result of the illness and finish disinfecting the entire house with our industrial sized container of Lysol wipes!

1 comment:

Blog said...

Ohhhh! That's AWFUL! Stomach flus are the WORST! I hope everyone is on the mend now!!