Friday, February 29, 2008

Nursery School Social

Along with running the Scholastic program at the Love Bug's nursery school, I am also on a social committee organizing a fundraiser. The school is a co-operative nursery school and relies on fundraisers to operate. Part of going to a co-operative nursery school is also having the parents involved in the school, which is one of the reasons why we chose it. I like to be involved.

At first I thought joining this committee was going to be a nightmare. The first meeting was dreadful - too many people. It reminded me of group work in university (which, by the way, I hated). It started off disorganized with a few people monopolizing the conversation...and generally not throwing out very useful (or logical) ideas. The second meeting was better because some of those people were not there. And, our last meeting was great. We accomplished so much and there were only 4 of us. Sometimes I think that large groups are just not as productive (the old "too many chiefs" saying).

The event will be on Friday March 28th in the evening and will be a fun evening for little ones.

Part of the fundraiser is going to be a raffle for baskets. There will be a mom basket, dad basket, kids basket, new baby basket, etc. We have been contacting local businesses for donations and people are being fairly generous. I absolutely hate cold-calling people I don't know asking for stuff...yuk. But it hasn't been too bad so far.

I anyone out there knows of any business that would like to donate a product or gift certificate for a good cause...please let me know!

No comments: