Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dinner and a hockey game

I keep trying to write this post but my children won't leave me alone for 2 minutes!!!!!!!!

My FIL phoned us a few weeks ago asking us if we wanted to go to a Leafs game. It has been a while since we have gone to a hockey game, so we said yes, of course. We decided to meet for dinner before the game at a place close by to the ACC.

We had our babysitters come over again. This time only the older sister was available but she brought a friend to help her out. We were going to be gone for quite a while, so I was a bit nervous about it.

The hubby went and picked them up around 4pm and we left to go downtown around 4:30pm. We ordered pizza for the girls and the Love Bug to make it easier on them. And, I already had dinner for the Missus ready to go - they just needed to feed her.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find I have a lot of prep work to do before we have anyone babysit the kids. I have an "instruction sheet" I have saved on the computer that I always update. I get all of the Missus' food out, cut and ready. Things for the Love Bug out. Their pjs out with diapers. Diapers are labeled because they take different sizes, etc...etc...

Anyways, the kids ate no problem. The Missus went to bed fine. Love Bug got out of bed once apparently. We got home around 10:30pm. Just after we got in the Missus started stirring in her crib. The hubby went to take the sitters home and I went to calm the Missus down. Then I checked on the Love Bug. He was asleep on the floor of his room. He only had one set of pajamas on and still had his pull up on. He was a bit wet. So, I put a diaper on him, changed his pj bottoms and put a blanket sleeper on him. We always put 2 pairs of pajamas on him in the winter because he tends to kick off his blankets when he sleeps.

Overall, it was a good night. We got to go out, the Leafs won the game and the kids were pretty well behaved. I only wish I could have spent a little more time with my hubby. At the game the seats were across the aisle from each other, so I sat with my step MIL and the hubby sat with his dad. It was nice for them to spend time with each other too though.

No comments: