Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The best gift of all

My husband didn't work last week and picked up the Love Bug from nursery school on Wednesday. When they got home, the Love Bug had made a couple of things for Mother's Day. The first one was a card/sign saying "I love my mommy because..." Can you guess why the Love Bug loves me? Some kids said because their mom vacuums or make dinner, etc. My son said "Because mommy takes me to Starbucks." True, true.

He also had a little bag that he decorated saying "to mommy love Love Bug". I put it on the desk in the kitchen figuring that I would open in on Mother's Day. Well, after lunch, my Love Bug said that he wanted Mommy to "open it now!" He went and got it, climbed up on my lap with the biggest smile on his face. He just sat there staring at me and smiling. When I opened the bag, my heart melted. He had made me a necklace. There were beads on it that he had painted. He was so happy and excited to give it to me. I started to cry (thinking my heart might actually burst). He said "Put it on Mommy." So, I did (and wore it the rest of the day and on Mother's Day). He looked at me and said "Mommy, you look beautiful!" I think I will treasure that necklace forever.

Moments like that are what makes being a mom the most important thing in the world to me. It truly makes it all worth while!

By the way, I did get some other nice things from the Love Bug and Missus (that the hubby helped pick out) on Mother's Day too. I am a very lucky Mommy, that is for sure.

2 comments:

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Ok, this post brought tears to my eyes, YES, I'm pregnant, but it was also very sweet!

I got many little "gifts" prior to Mother's Day too--I feel like it was Mother's Week around here last week, it was awesome! They are so excited and proud to give us their creations, it's awesome.

Blog said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day! I feel very lucky, too... Even as I'm UP ALL NIGHT...! :)