Monday, April 7, 2008

Walkin' and talkin'

My little princess was 15 months old on Friday. She has been doing so much lately that it is really hard to keep up with it. On Thursday morning, my husband left for a hockey tournament and didn't get back until last night. When he got back I kept saying "oh ya, she does this now". In just 4 days she started so many new things!

-says Mommy instead of mama - one of my favourite "new" things
-talks and talks! She repeats almost everything she hears. Some of her favourite words are eat, grapes and cheese.
-she follows simple instructions like bringing her shoes to me if I ask her to or will wipe her face
-she knows some of her body parts; belly button, nose and bum-bum
-she will tell me if she has gone to the bathroom in her diaper (I fear she will be potty trained before her brother!)
-she walks/almost runs everywhere now
-she eats NON_STOP and has developed (unfortunately) a real sweet tooth. If she sees anyone with chocolate she goes nuts.
-will help put clothes on and can take off her own top
-in the last week has started switching from two naps to one
-is starting to like books more now. She previously didn't have much on an attention span for books (unlike her brother who loved books at a very early age). She will also help turn the pages. -she is still a big smoocher and now blows kisses too
-she eats well with her spoon and we give her whatever we are eating for dinner
-she loves to climb and we often find her on top of things - like the ottoman, boxes, or chairs
-pretend to "talk" on the telephone. She will pick it up and say "hi" then jabber away.

I know there are more things that I am forgetting since her development seems to have exploded. Oh well, when I remember it will give me more to post about ;)

2 comments:

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

SO much fun!!!

Blog said...

It's AMAZING how fast they grow and learn once they hit the 1 year mark!!!

Sorry about the loss of nap!! ;)