Monday, April 21, 2008

Party time!

My little Love Bug is turning 3 on Wednesday! I can't believe it. We has a very small party for him yesterday (Sunday) at lunch time. It was hard to plan anything this year because my hubby worked Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. And, he is working all of this upcoming weekend. The only time slot we had available was Sunday at lunch time because the hubby didn't start work until 7pm.

I debated for quite a while about whether or not to have a kids party this year. But due to my hubby not having a lot of time and the grandparents WANTING to be a part of the birthday celebration, we just had the grandparents and my brother, SIL and niece over for lunch and cake. I think next year, when he turns 4 (gulp) we will have a party with his friends for sure.







Anyway, I think he had a really great time. He has been asking to turn 3 for weeks now. I believe he knows that birthday = party = cake + presents. When asked what he wanted for his birthday he would reply CAKE! He wanted a chocolate cake with pink icing (something that I'm sure his dad loves). He happens to love cars right now, including the characters from the cartoon movie Cars. So, he got a Car cake with a miniature car on top. It was very cute and he loved it.

We also bought a helium tank and balloons from Costco and filled the family room with 50 balloons. The kids loved it. Are there are kids out there that don't like balloons 'cause my kids go crazy for them!

He was very spoiled (as usual) and got a sand box, water table that looks like a real sink, books, toys, clothes and money for his birthday. After opening every present he would day "Please open this now!" We haven't even given him our gifts yet.

After everyone left he was exhausted and started falling asleep on me. My hubby was taking a nap before his shift, so I decided to load the kids in the car and take them through the new drive-thru Starbucks (as per Love Bug's request). We brought Daddy home a coffee for when he got up too.












When I put Love Bug to bed that night he gave me a big kiss and said "Thank you for taking me to Starbucks today Mommy." I'm not sure why he was so happy to go today because we go every day (it is my vice). I asked him if he had fun at his party and his reply was "Yes! Thank you for decorating for my party Mommy!" So, I guess the streamers and balloons were a hit!

1 comment:

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

That sounds like everyone had a great time--I LOVE the balloons--what a GREAT idea!
Cute cake too.
Glad he had a good time.