Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mommy of the year

This is an award that I will NOT be winning right now. Lately, it has been a bit of a struggle. It feels like we have been constantly battling illnesses the last month which have pretty much zapped me of my energy. Due to these illnesses, the kids have been more to handle too. Particularly the Love Bug who is really a handful these days. It turns out he has been suffering from night terrors. We have developed a system to deal with that which seems to be helping. Last weekend his tantrums actually got better and he was my nice normal guys again - which was wonderful. This week he got sick again and since then has been a holy terror. I haven't had a break in forever and think I need one. I just am running low on patience. I am usually pretty calm but I don't think I having been dealing with the constant screaming and demanding as well as I could be (I have been raising my voice more than usual and am being inconsistent with discipline).

My FIL and step-MIL have offered to take the kids overnight this weekend and I have agreed to it. I am a little worried about it because they have never slept over there without us. And, the Missus has NEVER slept apart from me in 15 months! I know I need the break, but it is stressing me out a bit at the same time.

1 comment:

Blog said...

I could have written the same post! :) We're going through all that here, too. The sicknesses, the night terrors, the NOT THE MOMMY OF THE YEAR because of it all. Hang in there! You're not alone!!!