Monday, August 20, 2007

The Fallout

My MIL has really outdone herself this time! After the incident a week ago she phoned us on Friday and asked why she hadn't heard from us and wondered when we were going to visit her. My husband said that she acted like an insane, crazy person on Monday. She hung up on him.



This morning I checked my email and there was one from her to my husband and I. It was one of the most mean-spirited, hurtful emails I have ever read. She is usually this way with my husband but is more passive-aggressive with me. This time she wrote so many mean and hurtful lies that I was stunned. I am usually a pretty calm person, however, I was FURIOUS! I could not believe all of the twisted versions of events she came up with. She dragged me through the mud and back. My husband said he has never seen me this mad. Later on, after I calmed down, I started to cry.


Last year when my husband and his mom had a falling out, I was the one who kept up the relationship and talked with her, emailed her and had her over to see our son when my hubby was at work. This went on for 4 months until my daughter was born. I didn't want her to not have a relationship with our children, her grandchildren because I felt bad that she already has never met her other grandchildren who are 3 and 5. As I mentioned in my last post, my hubby's brother hasn't talked to her in over 10 years.

I feel bad saying this, but I have decided that I no longer want her around my family. She is emotionally abusive and toxic. I don't want her negative, mean-spirited attitude around my children.


When I originally started this blog, it was because I needed a place where I could just blog freely about whatever was going on in my life. I know that she reads my other blog, where I talk mostly about the kids, although she has never admitted to it. I have decided to make that blog permission-only too. I will still keep it light-hearted, as it was intended. Especially in the off-chance that we reconcile.

I have also decided to gradually add some background material to this story on this blog as I get a chance. It will help me vent and make it easier for others to understand the complete picture.

No comments: