Saturday, August 25, 2007

Clothes

Here is an excerpt from her email as some background. This is the end of her email. It was actually almost 3 pages long...filled with nastiness and lies.

I have often bought what I thought were lovely clothes for both your son and daughter , never had a chance to see them on them, never heard if you liked them and certainly never was sent pictures of them wearing what I bought for them. That is negligent and rude and thoughtless. Have either of you ever thought how your behaviour must make me feel, even more importantly do you even care? I'm sure you both pride yourselves on how civilly and graciously you treat even perfect strangers, yet you give no thought to how you treat me. Your behaviour should make you both feel very ashamed.

I would like to clear up what she says about the clothes. She has bought my son a few outfits. She has seen him in them and I have sent her pictures of him a couple of the outfits through email (and I actually still have a copy of the email!!!!) I think she has maybe bought him one pair of pants in the last year. She has only ever bought my daughter 3 sleepers and a picture frame since the day she was born...almost 8 months ago. So, I'm not sure what "outfits" she is talking about!

Here is what I would like to say back to her (from my what I would like to send but won't document)...

I loved how you talked about how "generous" you are in the email. You did help us out financially with the wedding, for which I am grateful. However, you really do not even remotely understand the concept of gift giving. Let me explain it to you. When you choose to give someone a gift, it is because you want to do something nice for someone and you generally do not expect anything in return, expect a simple thank you. You, on the other hand, only give gifts to obtain recognition or to force your taste/opinion on someone. I have never seem someone make such a big production out of giving the smallest of items. My mother probably buys outfits for the kids on a weekly basis and I always thank her. She never makes me feel bad or demands "pictures" of the kids in the outfits. She is truly a generous and giving person though, unlike yourself.

No comments: