Monday, June 30, 2008

Food Review

It has been a while since I wrote a food review, so I thought I would take the opportunity to do it this week since I won't be doing a menu plan. Sorry, but my husband is off this week and we will be out & about, going to the cottage for a bit , etc...

Mediterranean chicken stew with couscous (from Today's Parent) - it was really easy to make but didn't wow me. Hard to say if I would make it again or not.

Lazy perogy casserole (from Today's parent) - again, this was very easy to make compared to making home made perogies. It did taste a lot like perogies, but I'd have to say that I prefer the real deal.

Japanese grilled chicken - definitely a winner. Easy to make - you marinate it in the morning and then just BBQ it at dinner time. I have made it for my family and for other people and everyone really seems to like it. I serve it with sticky rice and sesame asparagus.

Cheater souvalki - another winner for sure. Marinate it over night and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes. SO easy. I have a recipe for "real" souvalki which is really good too, but this is something very simple to do if you don't feel like using your BBQ.

Jerk chicken (from Emeril) - this way tasty....I love Jamaican food. Too spicy for the kids though.

Chicken Parmesan (from Everyday Italian) - this was really good and I will make it again. You don't bread the chicken, so it is a lighter version of the classic recipe.

Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Sauce- sorry Martha, we weren't a big fan of this one.

Swedish Meatballs (from Emeril) - look out Ikea! These were really good although a little bit time consuming.

Chicken Spezzatino (everyday Italian) - this was a good and easy recipe. Unfortunately, I have some bad memories surrounding this dish - the kids and I has stomach flu right after I made this and seeing the partially digested version of this recipe has put me off.

2 comments:

Blog said...

Thanks for the reviews, Chai! Mouth-watering. I'll have to try the good ones for the fam (I'm fully vegetarian now...). :)

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

We tried the perogie casserole too! I loved it, but the bunny wouldn't touch it and the hubby would take it or leave it.

I have to say it made a HUGE casserole and I will be making it again in smaller portions to use as a side dish.

Thanks for sharing this one :)