Friday, November 23, 2007

like nothing was wrong

So, when my husband went to his mom's house he rang the doorbell and no one answered. He opened the door and called for him mom, but still no answer. He assumed that she went out and he decided to go in and start loading up his stuff. He said he was there for about 30 minutes going through his boxes in the basement before she appeared. She has been sleeping upstairs and didn't hear him come in, was her excuse. She acted like nothing had ever happened. No mention of the email, nothing.

When my husband was getting ready to leave she finally said "can I have a hug or are you still mad at me?"

My husband said "you can have a hug, but yes, I'm still mad."

She didn't understand why?

So, he said "mom, did you keep a copy of that email you sent to us?"

She said she had. He said "well, that is why."

She went on to explain that he had to understand why she wrote that email. My husband said to her that he didn't think even she understood why she would write something like that to us. And, that a tiny fraction of truth existed in some of her comments so that if you didn't know the actual history you would find her story quite believable.

She didn't have too much to say about that.

In the end he got into the loaded mini-van and said to her "the sad part about all of this is that my wife was the one that kept me communicating to you all of this time" and he drove off without looking back.

I know he feels sad about the whole situation because he can be a very sensitive person who also has quite a guilty conscience. He has taken so much emotional abuse from her over the years but feels like he can not take his mother treating his wife so terribly.


I really do hope she gets some help.

No comments: