Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Interesting email

So, when I got up today, my hubby said he received and interesting email and asked me to guess who it was from. My first guess was our builder. Wrong. I thought about it for a minute and then said "your mom?". Correct!

Apparently, after not speaking with us for months due to the nastiest, meanest most hurtful email I have ever received, she decided to send my hubby another email. She said that she is trying to organize her house and needs him to come and get some of his old memorabilia out of the basement. She has talked to him about this in the past (when we were talking) and he has gone before, looked through the basement, and the majority of the stuff was his brother's or his dad's. Both of them have nothing to do with her either, but the way.

I digress. The email went something like this....You must be enjoying your new home by now. I am organizing and need you to come get your stuff out of the basement. If I don't hear from you by the end of November then I will assume you don't want the stuff and will throw it out.

So he replied that we would like to come get the stuff but is busy for the next 2 weeks and asked when he could come.

She said anytime is fine but give her a call first to make sure she is home.

The kids and I are NOT going. He is just going to go, pick up the stuff and leave. Until she acknowledges her behaviour and apologizes I will not be seeing her. I doubt that will happen since she hasn't apologized properly to her other daughter--in-law for over 10 years now...hence why they don't talk.

I feel like this email giving my hubby an ultimatum to get his stuff is typical of her usual passive-aggressive nature. She wants to get him there so she can make him feel bad about not speaking...even though it was her fault.

It will be interesting to see what happens in 2 weeks when he goes to get the stuff!

No comments: